Today is your birthday which means two things… 1) you are no longer covered by Dad’s dental insurance 2) there is a 10 year age gap between you and Ryan Gosling (go get him girl.) Both facts are true but what I really wanted to tell you is how much I love you. Regardless of the fact that I once made the mistake of calling you my roommate (even though when someone lives with each other that is what they are called) you are so much more than that. You are the person I admire most, my strength for when I am weak, and my comfort for when I feel lost. As your little sister it is my duty to remind you of what a great job you are doing in life. I am so proud of the woman you have become and all that you’ve accomplished, you have been the perfect example of a big sister so I’ve made a list of all the reasons why I love you.
- I love when you squeeze my arm and stomp your feet while clenching your teeth for no reason but “because I love you”.
- I love that any chance you get you try to scare me because I deserve some payback.
- I love that you ask me to help you get ready. To me it’s a way I can help since you do so much for me. (Sorry I’m a lousy cook)
- I love your fascination with movies. You can spend hours in a movie store like everything is new and your seeing it for the first time, even if we were there the day before.
- I love that when you take a picture and it doesn’t turn out, you’re genuinely sorry.
- I love that every time I go to brush my hair I know I’ll find the brush on the nightstand rather than in the bathroom.
- I love that you always offer to drive b/c you know that driving scares me.
- I love that you force your cuddling on me b/c you know it will make me feel better… no matter how hard I try to push you off.
- I love that you help me in the mornings b/c I’m normally running late and you make a mean cup of joe.
- I love that you always think the best of people.
- I love that you know me better than I know myself.
- I love that I can call you MY sister.
This could go on forever. I hope you have an amazing Birthday, I love you with all my heart.
Your Lil’ Sees